The Ivorian Public Treasury succeeded the French Public Treasury in January 1963. The two major dates that marked this creation are the following:
December 31, 1959: The FRANCO-IVOIRIENNE Convention made the Ivorian Public Treasury, a service attached to the French Treasury. (the Convention relating to the relations between the Treasury and the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire as well as the reciprocal competitions and the cooperation of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire and the French Republic for the organization and operation of the services treasures).
December 14, 1962: Decree No. 62-457 of 14 December 1962 on the organization of the Treasury of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire provided that from 1 January 1963, and under the application of Titles II to IV of the FRANCO-IVOIRIENNE Convention of December 31, 1959 on Treasures, the Ivorian Treasury was to be erected into a General Treasury headed by a Treasurer Paying General and also provided, the creation of a General Treasury in Abidjan, Treasuries particular to Korhogo , Bouaké and Daloa, as well as a municipal recipe in Abidjan and perceptions instead of Specialized Agencies.